Rosemary, oh baby!
I love delicious food and feel that everyone, regardless of your financial situation, can have great tasting food. I have never had such delicious potatoes, as the ones I prepared last night for my family, and the simplicity of the meal was enhanced exponentially by adding several sprigs of rosemary. It may have been the time spent sitting down and breaking bread with my loved ones and enjoying each others company, or the distinct difference adding fresh rosemary to the mixture made to the entire experience of the meal, but either way we were all blown away.
Rosemary is so delicious, easy to grow and maintain. The action of adding fresh herbs makes such a tremendous difference. This was definitely not my first time using fresh herbs, but since cultivating my own herb garden on my patio, I know where my herbs come from and have easy access to add the required nutritional value to our meals. Rosemary contains potent disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, antiseptic, antioxidant properties. This delicious herb also has a lot of minerals and vitamins, including copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, folate, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, vitamins A.
There is a sense of connection and power that comes from preparing a nutritious and delicious meal for your family, that you grew all, or even parts of. I love the intentionality that I bring to my table and know how wonderful the benefits are by adding fresh herbs to your food. They can really have a huge impact on all aspects of your health.Take the time to care for yourself and loved ones by adding fresh herbs into your diet. You can make fresh teas, blend them into smoothies, and add them to your salads, soups or sauces.
The Top 10 Benefits of Rosemary:
1. Helps with Diabetes- Rosemary extracts can help in lowering the cholesterol levels and fasting plasma glucose, which can help in managing Type 2 diabetes and other metabolic diseases.
2. Improve Digestion- Rosemary is wonderful for your tummy health as it can help in inhibiting food-borne pathogens and regulating the release of bile.
3. Treat Respiratory Issues- You can use of this fragrant herbal to deal with respiratory related issues like sinus infection, flu and cold, and bronchial asthma thanks to its antispasmodic, antibacterial, and soothing properties
4. Strengthen Immune System- It has phytochemicals like caffeic acid, carnosol, betulinic acid, rosmarinic acid, with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antioxidant properties. These compounds are very important for neutralizing free radicals, which can lead to cellular damage and oxidative stress.
5. Reduce Inflammation- It can help to reduce stiff neck, back pain, gout pain, sciatic nerve pain, arthritis pain.
6. Stimulate Hair Growth- help to stimulate hair growth and it can also help to improve blood circulation to the scalp, encouraging hair growth by allowing more nutrients to reach the hair follicles.
7. Alleviate Headache- it can help in treating headache attacks. It can even help in reducing the severity and the pain of migraines.
8. Fight Against Stress And Anxiety- add 2 – 3 drops of rosemary essential oil in an aromatherapy vaporizer and diffuser.
9. Stimulate Heart Health- Rosemary is a great herbal for increasing blood circulation. This, in turn, will help to supply essential nutrients to all the important organs and boost metabolic activities inside your body.
10. Increase Memory- Rosemary can work effectively as a cognitive stimulant, useful for increasing memory and mental concentration. It is even good at protecting against neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and increasing brain-wave activities.